Friday, March 15, 2013

Finally..........


 “There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit.”                                                                                                                        (Ronald Regan)

Therefore, first of all, I would like to special thanks to my instructor and dear colleagues for their encouragements and constant support to make me success in this web skills course of ten weeks and I can't forget my professor who encouraged me to send proposal for this course. Actually, he did lots of exercises; send mail, phone called, wrote text and even if he met me he would ask Sharmila, did you send proposal? If you want to make me happy, please send. It was a kind of persuasion from his side. That's why I did it. But know I have no regret. I thank him very much for his effort he made for me. If he wouldn't ask me to do may be I would not take participate. I can't deny the role of NELTA and US Embassy who recommended me as an eligible candidate as well as University of Oregon, AEI.

Before I was worried how can I complete ten weeks. I was feeling it is too long time. But now I'm feeling it is really short period of time. I have started enjoying the course but it is ending.  For me, this course was really fruitful. I benefitted in many ways. First thing, I learnt to integrate teaching with technology. Secondly, it adds something in my profile. Thirdly, I'm being more professional. Now, I have more experience and confident and one more thing, it will be really hot and effective if I make this a topic to share in my country as my country is slowly being attractive to the technological thing….:)
Before, I would use only Yahoo, Google, Bing, YouTube etc. but now I know many search engines after visiting noodle tools. I got great opportunities to visit websites to build listening, speaking, reading, writing, grammar, vocabularies and more than that I can design online project, I know easy way of making rubrics, I know how to design a platform for the discussion to my students through nicenet and through Google sites. Delicious.com made easy to store all the important sites which was one of the big problem for me. Use of blog encouraged me to be blogger in future too. I have promised myself to continue this spirit. ABCD model of preparing specific types of objectives was great achievement for me. RWG links, Wall-wisher, interactive power point was fabulous experience to use. Webinar and discussion with guest course moderator was different experience. Different kinds of learning materials provided by instructor open up my mind. I have made my project plan and eager to apply it as soon as I start working.  Discussion on learner autonomy, large classes, learning style/multiple intelligence integrating technology was imperative work.

To change your lifestyle and be successful always you need to keep your mind open, do trial and error, think critically, reflect yourself and understand about you. I think, this course has changed me. I understand myself and my potentiality, and I don't hesitate to try and do mistakes. This course was a back force of my life to boost up my professionalism. Now, I believe technology can change everything and it is essential in teaching students.

Someone said me never ever say "good bye". After saying "good bye" you have no chance of meeting again so dear friends I don't like to say you "good bye" because I'm sure I will meet you one day in this big and dynamic world. Just see you….. :( Nice to meet you all! I had a great time with you all. Cheers in the name of our bright future…..!
Sun setting leaving the hope of bright morning tomorrow. 
(Taken in Sauraha, Chitwan, Nepal)
Dear friends, I believe the same with us.
 

1 comment:

izzywebskills said...

Dear Sharmila,

You have written a wonderful summative post! I am happy to see that you have achieved so much throughout this course and I am also glad that you made a good choice at the first place, when you followed your mentor's advice and decided to apply for this program.

Many thanks for your great contributions to our Nicenet discussions and all ideas and suggestions you shared with us.

I wish you all the best with your future life and work! Hopefully we will all stay in touch.

Best,
Izela